Greetings, since there were few who registered, we will get a smaller room – and need no registration or fee for the Round table meeting.
OK folks, many of you have expressed the desire to be a part of the missions round table on Sunday (31st). So far very few have registered. This may hinder us from getting a room.
Do me a favor and register now for the round table session if you have not done so. Also contact those you know who plan on being there and reminding them to register.
Go to this website to register – http://www.house2house.com/roundtable.html
The Conference is FULL! Hopefully you have already registered for the conference as well.
See you in a few days!
This is just a reminder that the articles here are for you to not only read, but post your thoughts, testimonies and ideas. (See list of posts on the right) Don’t worry about being redundant or brief. This will help us get an idea of what everyone is thinking in regards to House2Harvest Network and its formation.
So read through the previous posts and jump in and share with us your ideas, plans, experiences, concerns etc. We only have one month till the conference (2008 National House Church Conference, August 28-31), so let’s get some more treasures from your experiences and ideas.
In order to secure a room at the hotel all who want to attend to roundtable need to pre-register that they will attend by going to: http://www.house2house.com/roundtable.html. There is a registration cost of $50.00 to cover your meal that evening and the cost of the room.
The roundtable will begin Sunday, August 31 at 3:00pm
We will have a plated dinner at 7:00pm with further discussion following.
If need be, some of us may meet informally on Monday morning.
be sure to spread the word so that we can get everyone wanting to attend the post-conference round table registered.
Just a reminder for everyone of interest. We are planning to hold a roundtable following the last session of the HC Conference on Sunday. The purpose of this meeting will be to:
- collaborate what we have discovered during the weekend
- Get on the same page
- develop active networks and partnerships to engage house churches in doing strategic missions.
Be sure to plan to stay an extra night on Sunday since we are not sure how long this session will last.
God Bless! Don Davis
We have established this blog to facilitate discussion leading up to the 2008 National House Church Conference in Dallas, August 28-31, 2008 (www.house2house.com – see Conference information) Missions Track and the Post-Conference roundtable meeting for launching House2Harvest Network/Ministry. I will post several preliminary documents and email correspondences that we have exchanged to rbing everyone up to date. It will continue after the conference to allow for further discussion and collaboration.
Our objectives up to this point are to answer these questions:
- Can a house church do missions in some of the most challenging areas of the world?
- What area or strategy in missions is best suited for house church networks?
- What is God doing now amongst house churches in regards to missions?
- What will it take for these HC networks to do missions more effectively and strategically?
- What role will the House/Simple Church networks have in fulfilling Matthew 24:14?
- How can a house/simple church effectively do missions amongst the unreached and the poor?
- How will the house/simple church networks train and send missionaries (apostolic teams) to the field?
Below you will find these questions as categories for us to discuss. If you have other catagories to add, make a comment below and I will add the category.
So far our workshop topics may include the following:
- #1 – How Can House Churches do Missions?
- #2 – A Survey of House Churches and Missions.
- #3 – People Group Strategies – Fulfilling Matthew 24:14.
- #4 – Regional Networks – An opportunity to meet with others who are working in the same region in which you have an interest.
Remember – this is NOT a one way conversation. Feel free to share your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.
Ok – let’s start the dialogue!
Blessings – Don Davis
Posted in 1.2 Planning, Blog Administration, H2H 2008 Conference Preperation, Resources
Tagged Dialogue, harvest, house church, missions, networks, planning, Simple Church, strategy, Unreached People Groups