We have established this blog to facilitate discussion leading up to the 2008 National House Church Conference in Dallas, August 28-31, 2008 (www.house2house.com – see Conference information) Missions Track and the Post-Conference roundtable meeting for launching House2Harvest Network/Ministry. I will post several preliminary documents and email correspondences that we have exchanged to rbing everyone up to date. It will continue after the conference to allow for further discussion and collaboration.
Our objectives up to this point are to answer these questions:
- Can a house church do missions in some of the most challenging areas of the world?
- What area or strategy in missions is best suited for house church networks?
- What is God doing now amongst house churches in regards to missions?
- What will it take for these HC networks to do missions more effectively and strategically?
- What role will the House/Simple Church networks have in fulfilling Matthew 24:14?
- How can a house/simple church effectively do missions amongst the unreached and the poor?
- How will the house/simple church networks train and send missionaries (apostolic teams) to the field?
Below you will find these questions as categories for us to discuss. If you have other catagories to add, make a comment below and I will add the category.
So far our workshop topics may include the following:
- #1 – How Can House Churches do Missions?
- #2 – A Survey of House Churches and Missions.
- #3 – People Group Strategies – Fulfilling Matthew 24:14.
- #4 – Regional Networks – An opportunity to meet with others who are working in the same region in which you have an interest.
Remember – this is NOT a one way conversation. Feel free to share your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.
Ok – let’s start the dialogue!
Blessings – Don Davis