Our fifth question to discuss is:
What role will the House/Simple Church networks have in fulfilling Matthew 24:14?
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations (ethnic groups), and then the end shall come.” (Matt 24:14)
Specifically what do you think house/simple church networks can do to see the unreached nations/ people groups reached? Let’s keep in mind the idea of networks as well as what we can do as it relates to the rest of the Body of Christ.
Share your ideas – thoughts – plans – etc. We are looking forward to more discussion.
Our fourth question in the forum is:
What will it take for these HC networks to do missions more effectively and strategically?
Let’s share your ideas and strategic thinking as well as some actual stories of what you have done.
Be sure to let others know about this discussion so that they can join in. The more participants we have more data and examples we will have not to mention the depth of the network.
Just a reminder for everyone of interest. We are planning to hold a roundtable following the last session of the HC Conference on Sunday. The purpose of this meeting will be to:
- collaborate what we have discovered during the weekend
- Get on the same page
- develop active networks and partnerships to engage house churches in doing strategic missions.
Be sure to plan to stay an extra night on Sunday since we are not sure how long this session will last.
God Bless! Don Davis
Our third question for this forum is: What is God doing now amongst house churches in regards to missions?
Take a few moments and tell us what the Lord is doing in your house/simple church in regards to missions. Tell us some stories about opportunities for cross-cultural relationships in your neighborhood, your area, and even regrading missions trips you may have taken within the context of your house church.
The second question we are looking at is: What area or strategy in missions is best suited for house church networks?
What I mean is, can we assume that the house/simple church networks have a special “niche” in regards to fulfilling Matthew 24:14, and if so, where/what is that niche and what are some of the strategies that we are best suited to accomplish, and what are some of the strategies that are unrealistic for hc/sc folks?
Let’s open up this topic and see what ideas are out there!
Can a house church do missions in some of the most challenging areas of the world? Let’s discuss if this is possible via house churches and thier networks as well as how we can do this.
Looking forward to your ideas!
We have established this blog to facilitate discussion leading up to the 2008 National House Church Conference in Dallas, August 28-31, 2008 (www.house2house.com – see Conference information) Missions Track and the Post-Conference roundtable meeting for launching House2Harvest Network/Ministry. I will post several preliminary documents and email correspondences that we have exchanged to rbing everyone up to date. It will continue after the conference to allow for further discussion and collaboration.
Our objectives up to this point are to answer these questions:
- Can a house church do missions in some of the most challenging areas of the world?
- What area or strategy in missions is best suited for house church networks?
- What is God doing now amongst house churches in regards to missions?
- What will it take for these HC networks to do missions more effectively and strategically?
- What role will the House/Simple Church networks have in fulfilling Matthew 24:14?
- How can a house/simple church effectively do missions amongst the unreached and the poor?
- How will the house/simple church networks train and send missionaries (apostolic teams) to the field?
Below you will find these questions as categories for us to discuss. If you have other catagories to add, make a comment below and I will add the category.
So far our workshop topics may include the following:
- #1 – How Can House Churches do Missions?
- #2 – A Survey of House Churches and Missions.
- #3 – People Group Strategies – Fulfilling Matthew 24:14.
- #4 – Regional Networks – An opportunity to meet with others who are working in the same region in which you have an interest.
Remember – this is NOT a one way conversation. Feel free to share your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.
Ok – let’s start the dialogue!
Blessings – Don Davis
Posted in 1.2 Planning, Blog Administration, H2H 2008 Conference Preperation, Resources
Tagged Dialogue, harvest, house church, missions, networks, planning, Simple Church, strategy, Unreached People Groups